[elk] case sensitivity on file loading

dear sam,

i just encountered another problem:

in our program, we used a scm-file tree which contains upper/lowercase
filenames mixed.  i now have problems to load them, because elk now
lowers all the filenames.

in r5rs, i didn't find a clear answer.  it states that case doesn't
matter in scheme for identifiers, but i don't find a statement
regarding filenames.

if case doesn't matter in scheme, then it's perhaps better to make no
distinction there for filenames, but that leads to some
platform-dependent problems.  perhaps we should try to match for
upper/lowercase filenames then, which is quite ineffective...  another
way would be to preserve case for file operations, which is useful for
unix systems.  on the other hand, mixing upper/lowercase names with
the sames letters leads to incompatabilities with case-insensitive
filenames.

what are your thoughts about that?  perhaps we should lower all of our
filenames, but it don't know yet what implications this has regarding
existing code.

thanks, all the best,

martin