[elk] Re: elk readline extension

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004, martin rumori wrote:

> during the further development of foo, the sound synthesis system made
> with elk,  i rewrote the readline extension, which we used.

   You read minds! :) This was next on my TODO list: I adopted the
editline (a BSD implementation of readline) Debian package 2 weeks ago
with exactly this in mind.

> what do you think, how should this extension be distributed?  included
> with elk?  we could make a ./configure-option for both libreadline or
> libedit support, however the user wants it, while mentioning the
> license issues.

   I don't know yet, I'll think about it. You may have a look at
editline and see whether it might be used as well (needs a bit of tuning
though):

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/editline/editline_1.12.orig.tar.gz

--
Sam.