[elk] elk website

dear sam,

what happened to the elk website?  it seems to be down for the last
time...

we've got a problem which seems to be related to elk's garbage
collector:

> (require 'record)

> (define (crash) (collect) (crash))
crash
> (crash)

Panic: Visit: object not in prev space at 0x401dcf44 ('pair') 3 277 (dumping core).
Aborted

this occurs just after starting elk.  after having evaluated some
stuff, this bug sometimes doesn't appear.

we know a bug like this since several years on different platforms
(NeXTStep, Irix, Linux) in different environments (sound synthesis,
3D-environment).

this time i thought it's related to our application, but with the
above lines it's possible to kill pure elk.  the (require 'record) is
necessary for this, (require 'oops) e. g. doesn't show this behavior.

i don't know if (collect)ing in an endless loop is the right thing to
track that down, but it's the only possibility i found so far to
reproduce the bug.

after a quick view over the record extension i can't find any obvious
bug.

how to track that down?  is this a known bug?

all the best

martin