[elk] Re: GC bug (was: elk website)

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:09:00PM +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> > Panic: Visit: object not in prev space at 0x401dcf44 ('pair') 3 277 (dumping core).
>
>    Okay, I can confirm that bug. I thought I'd never have to look at the
> GC again, but it looks as if I was wrong :-)

j'suis vraiment désolé...

in the institute where i used to work and where elk is used in a
realtime 3-d-graphics system i knew of some hackers looking for a bug
like that for a long time (in elk-3.0)...  they gave up one day...

i hope there will be solution.  honestly, for me the garbage collector
code is far beyond my limits...  i admire those who can deal with it.

thank you for putting so much efforts into elk.

all the best,

martin