[elk] Re: subversion tree, R5RS conformity

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:13:58PM +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004, martin rumori wrote:
> > when checking out, subversion says:
> >
> > "svn: insn 9212 has non-positive length"
>
>    I have never seen such an error. Even the great Google shaman doesn't
> know of it :-)  I am using SVN version 0.33.0 (r7737) and it works
> perfectly (I just checked the repository). There might be something

working perfectly for me now, too.  i used just the same version of
subversion again (two days later), and there were no problem.
probably temporary network/server/client/whatever failure.

> > > (exact? (* 0 440.0))
> >  #f
> >
>    Which "may" be true, as R5RS says :-)  However it was a very trivial
> change to do, so I commited the fix to SVN.

wasn't meant as an urgent "alert" -- just noticed it.  thank you for
fixing this.

in our audio application we used a reader extension for reading
rational numbers (of the form 6/13).  this is necessary for expressing
musical values as they are thought (rather than calculated).  since i
am integrating the sound software with the new elk and we didn't
wanted to use a patched version of elk any longer, i thought we have
to throw out this extension.

we noticed that reading of rational numbers is part of the R5RS, which
is great.  unfortunetaly, there is no support for it in elk.  are
there any plans regarding this issue?  i could integrate our "old"
patch with the new elk and send you a patch, if there is nothing else
planned.  are there more "serious" issues when adding ratnum support
(like exact/inexact stuff etc.) that i am overlooking?

all the best,

martin