[elk] Re: GC bug (was: elk website)

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:29:09PM +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    Do you have more information on this bug? I fixed at least five
> critical GC bugs since I took over Elk, maybe it was one of them.

unfortunetaly, i was not too deeply involved with elk but more with
the c++ side...

i know, that (apparently) the same bug already occured in the sound
synthesis program many years ago (the first version is from 1993) on
a NeXTStep system.  the 3-d-system has a completely different
architecture and runs on SGI/Irix and Linux, the bug seems to be the
same.

i will ask gerhard eckel, which started the sound synthesis project
and was deeply involved with the 3-d-system, too, for some more
information.

bests,

martin